My Christmas Pictures

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
SRF
Tech Advisorator

My Christmas Pictures

Post by SRF »

Early this year I was in a car accident and my car was totaled. As normal big fight with the insurance company but in the end I kept the remains of the car for free. About the same time I bought an 81 Jimmy from a friend for offroad use. It need some work before I do anything with it but I figured it ran good enough to get some last enjoyment from my car running over it before I haul it off for scrap metal. I knew there was some risk playing around like this but have been wanting to do it most of the year. You can see from the pics that it went in the direction of risky. This is the most fun I have ever had on Christmas.
Attachments
r101_0020.JPG
r101_0025.JPG
r101_0026.JPG
AR

Re: My Christmas Pictures

Post by AR »

haha..thats cool Shane. I'm guessing thats Tranny fluid and not blood on your fender :o some nice MT? tyres you got on that thing.

I did a similar thing a few weeks ago, got myself a 4WD 91 Holden Jackeroo cause I'm spending a lotof time in the bush and planning on spending more and the poofy city beemer wouldnt get me there. 5 mins after I picked it up I got rear ended by a fart piped drifter that folded his nice bonnet in 2, I couldnt see a mark on mine haha...I was laughing.

I can easy afford a spanking new car and sorry to affend anyone, but new cars are for suckers.

Aussie Rob.
SRF
Tech Advisorator

Re: My Christmas Pictures

Post by SRF »

The truck has 38.5 inch super swampers, most are getting old and rotten so I was waiting until I ran my car over to change them in case I blew one out. The right rear was leaking earlier that day so I had a air tank in the passenger side if I needed to air the tire up before playing. Didn't need it so it was still sitting there, I assume it is what hit me in the face and gave me a black eye. I have another set of wheels and tires ready to go on it I can't remember what brand they are but also 38.5 inches. I had a small cut on one hand but not enough blood to get on a fender, by the time we got the truck back on its wheels it had already quit bleeding. I think most of what is on the fender is power steering fluid as it was about empty, engine oil was near full, tranny still has most of its fluid but may be a little low. I started it and let it run some tonight.

My grandma was here to see it all and wasn't very happy with me. I told her it was learning experience, next time I will have a roll bar and winch :D Also some fuel injection would be a great addition so I could climb slow instead of getting a run becuase of the dead spot in the carb. I have a video that show my front tire on the roof of the car and back tire on the hood. I looked at the car tonight and don't see a dent in the roof, if GM wouldn't have built the roof so strong maybe I wouldn't have rolled my truck :twisted:

Shane