Mornin' Y'all

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Mornin' Y'all

Post by Carl La Fong »

Lady La Fong and I have bid farewell to wackadoodle California and purchased the new Fongderosa in Valley Mills, Texas
Visit My Blog-Carl La Fong, Boy Genius™
http://jkcallin.blogspot.com/
Paul H

Re: Mornin' Y'all

Post by Paul H »

CLF, was there any one thing that was at the top
of the list of reasons to leave CA.

Paul H
rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

Not familiar with that part of the world - so spill the beans, what's the attraction?

:D
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
Orlando606VetteTrike

Post by Orlando606VetteTrike »

Congrats to you and your wife John. What a great move.
2008 606 Corvette Trike
Jack

Post by Jack »

I think they call that a 180...
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
3FOR2

Post by 3FOR2 »

Congratulations! Looks like a great place. Population at the last census was 1203! My kind of place. Might have to put that place on our list...
Pat.
2013 Pickup, LS3-445 with Hot Cam
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

We left for a few reasons. Firstly, I just need a change. New challenges, new projects. Then there is the politics of California. Whiny liberals, sanctuary state, a moron as governor, roads that look like we had a war, gas and Diesel prices, taxes going up every day. People here are friendly, real folks. Our new place is on 5.25 acres, beautiful house, a little small, 2 bed 1 bath 1500 sq/ft but plenty big for the two of us, bonus room which will be the new sewing room. 3 huge carports, one big enough for 2 class A motor homes. All fenced, the owner is a fence contractor, so they are all very well done, electric gate, several out buildings. Nice landscaping, many trees. Most importantly, a nice big shop. All of this for 260K. The old house will probably fetch 800K. How could I say, "No"?
Grand Canard

Post by Grand Canard »

Carl La Fong wrote:We left for a few reasons. Firstly, I just need a change. New challenges, new projects. Then there is the politics of California. Whiny liberals, sanctuary state, a moron as governor, roads that look like we had a war, gas and Diesel prices, taxes going up every day. People here are friendly, real folks. Our new place is on 5.25 acres, beautiful house, a little small, 2 bed 1 bath 1500 sq/ft but plenty big for the two of us, bonus room which will be the new sewing room. 3 huge carports, one big enough for 2 class A motor homes. All fenced, the owner is a fence contractor, so they are all very well done, electric gate, several out buildings. Nice landscaping, many trees. Most importantly, a nice big shop. All of this for 260K. The old house will probably fetch 800K. How could I say, "No"?
Carl, you did the correct thing; I'd have left long ago.
You'll love Texas; Texan's are a special lot, proud, independent minded, patriotic, can-do attitude. Texas, it's like a whole other country!
I'd like to come visit you later after you're settled-in and meet the man, the boy genius whom has provided so much entertainment and laughs.
Rick

"Work when you have to,
Quit when you can.
Follow your dream
Be your own man.
Drink when you're thirsty
Whoop when you're high.
Love a good woman...
Ride till you die."
Carl La Fong
$ite $upporter

Post by Carl La Fong »

We did meet, once, when we rode with Adrian, Pete, SQ4MN and a few others to Palm Springs. We never had much chance to talk, though. Anyone is welcome to come by, even those who said they would kick my ass if I was closer :catfight: :lol:
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Congrats...do what makes you HAPPY!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
The Mindless Philosopher

Post by The Mindless Philosopher »

Congratulations on the move-out! I bailed out of Cali back in '99. The cost of living just wansn't worth it. Many more reasons now. Texas is an altogether different reality! Enjoy your new digs!
Jack

Post by Jack »

GLWS!! Take those libtards for all they’re worth!

Haha.

Sounds like you found yourself a real gem.
1998 Wild One Custom - Homebuilt
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

John, way to go !! I hear you. That will make for a variety of all new projects.
We are working on the whole "downsizing ' thing also. The kids are gone and in their own homes close by . We don't need an entire empty second floor. We need a small brick rancher with room enough for a big garage to mess around in ... I smell retirement in 8 months !
Oil Man

Post by Oil Man »

Congrats! Once you change your ID you can enjoy real gun shows rather than Gun shows that sell mostly pocket knives. Grab some 1911’s and a few AR’s and a pile of Ammo.
SQ4MN

Post by SQ4MN »

I think you will love it. There will be many projects to keep you busy. It seems like a great place to choose.

ImageLas Vegas, Nevada