Dip stick

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
knockdolian

Dip stick

Post by knockdolian »

Hi all, yet another random question from Uk !! My dip stick sucks. It a horrible black plastic T. I've been looking for a nice chrome or aluminium one. There are loads on eBay that say for small block but they all look different to mine in shape and length etc. Has anyone got a part number ?
Thanks
Paul
rocketsteve

Re: Dip stick

Post by rocketsteve »

Hi PJ, mine has an Ally handle with a small grub screw attaching it to the dipstick blade.
I might be able to turn one for you...

Dipstick Steve. :D
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

knockdolian, BH uses Lokar Inc. performance products out of Knoxville, TN for their supplier of engine dipsticks. If you have a small block, the part number is ED-5001. This is for an engine dipstick SB Chevy 1980 & later. I hope this info helps. Good luck, Triker
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

The dipstick for a bike should be adjusted so when the pan has 5 qts. In it , It shows full on the dipstick while the bike is leaning on the kickstand . Of couse it would show low when the bike is stood straight up .
knockdolian

Post by knockdolian »

Thanks very much for the info. I'll take rocket Steve up on his offer first as he only lives about 70 miles away from me. Steve you have a PM.
Thanks again