Wanted.

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Swiss V8

Re: Wanted.

Post by Swiss V8 »

CanuckHoss wrote:
johnny redneck wrote:A Bicycle tire tube sliced at about 1/2" sections makes a great parking Brake. Put it around the handle bar grip and around the front brake lever and your done. Release it and store the Sliced tube on the handle bar grip
john
I like Dennis's simple idea of the coin stuck in the lever...simple and nobody can see it there to fuck with it..
I used a steel rod, the size of the holes in the rear brake disc. A long 'flag' 'Remove before flight' and all was good.
Park the bike with the line lock, and put the rod into one of the holes near the swingarm, release the brake again, the bike rolls into the rod, et voilà, it's parked. :thumbup:
Martin

BHRA President Europe
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

Swiss V8 wrote:
CanuckHoss wrote:
johnny redneck wrote:A Bicycle tire tube sliced at about 1/2" sections makes a great parking Brake. Put it around the handle bar grip and around the front brake lever and your done. Release it and store the Sliced tube on the handle bar grip
john
I like Dennis's simple idea of the coin stuck in the lever...simple and nobody can see it there to fuck with it..
I used a steel rod, the size of the holes in the rear brake disc. A long 'flag' 'Remove before flight' and all was good.
Park the bike with the line lock, and put the rod into one of the holes near the swingarm, release the brake again, the bike rolls into the rod, et voilà, it's parked. :thumbup:
Martin,

Quick Off Topic..You attending Danmark in August???
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
hogv8

Post by hogv8 »

Here is a video of the front brake lock made for my bike.

Jack
http://vid482.photobucket.com/albums/rr ... ake009.mp4

-
CanuckHoss
Site Sponsor

Post by CanuckHoss »

hogv8 wrote:Here is a video of the front brake lock made for my bike.

Jack
http://vid482.photobucket.com/albums/rr ... ake009.mp4

-
THAT my friend is one of the reasons you have one of the coolest Boss Hoss bikes!!! NICE!!!
CanuckHoss

Barry Radu, President Destination Cycles

ImageAirdrie, Alberta Canada

"Just BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!! BE HAPPY!!"--Abraham
rocketsteve

Post by rocketsteve »

:iagree:

You guy's need to think about Patenting these mod's before BH get hold of them...! :)
To test a man's character, give him (Hoss) power.
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Yes Steve, don't use it. I also over-compensated with the press on the footbrake the day after it auto-released thinking it was me being a woose and I, like Oblongs, coul'dn't release it!

Fortunately again in the drive so got out the spanner and eased open the rear caliper bleed nipple so it's been tough velcro strap for me ever since - eminently adjustable according to circumstances and slips neatly into my bike jeans when not in use.

I also never use the steering lock - 2 reasons - as it feels 'sticky' but mainly becuase I had a steering lock spring fail once and the lock pin dropped in as I was walking my bike round and when I went to straighten up I lost balance badly and was tipped off the bike.
Gordon from England