V8s in Pigeon Forge, 2nd Edition

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
Buck
$ite $upporter

V8s in Pigeon Forge, 2nd Edition

Post by Buck »

Just wanted to re-post this and get a few more folks to join us.

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/tenness...hotel-overview

the above is a direct link for the hotel but call the number listed in the message to make a reservation
800-523-3919

event dates: May 14-17, 2015

It may help to mention that we will be staying at the Ramada Inn South in Pigeon Forge. You will be calling a hotel call center 800-523-3919 that books for several facilities and to complicate matters, there are 2 Ramadas in Pigeon Forge. The folks at the call center are super nice and go out of their way to be accommodating. To repeat Billy, make sure that you tell them that you are with the V8 motorcycle group to get the discount and be booked with the reserved set of rooms. The building where we are staying is a 3 story building and as of now, we have 11 rooms on the first floor, the rest are scattered on the upper floors.
I may make a couple of suggestions, I do not know what the outside chair and table situation is for the back building, (where we were last year there were plenty so we gathered them up and we all sat around together in the late afternoon) so you may want to take a couple of "camp" chairs for your use along with a cooler. Beware, Garry (with 2 r's) loves beer, especially yours!!! The group that rode the Dragon met up with some snow so if riding at upper elevations may dictate that you bring along some warm clothing/gloves. Tennessee is a helmet state.
Again, thanks to Billy for making the arrangements and remember that it easier to navigate the go-cart courses by going forward not in reverse!!!!

Buck
v8 billy

Re: V8s in Pigeon Forge, 2nd Edition

Post by v8 billy »

Buck I will be giving go-cart driving lessons in Daytona if you need a refresher coarse.
.................Image

.....................................Image
Buck
$ite $upporter

Post by Buck »

oh please, I have always wanted to learn how to drive bass-ackwards-------and you'll still be behind me!!!!! Question, why does your bike have 3 reverse gears????
See y'all in about a month.
Buck
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Is there a 2016 get together date, I'm picking vacation at work and it's my turn.
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Elvis, looking at the calendar May 11,12,13,14 if everybody wants to do it then
.................Image

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks, I'll pick those dates.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

I will be coming to Pigeon Forge from the north. No matter what, I will be taking I75 south into Knoxville. From that point, there seem to be two different routes to get to the Ramada in Pigeon Forge.

1.) Take I75 south, to 640 east, to 40 east, to 66 south, to the Ramada

2.) Take I75 south, to I275 south, to 411 south (Chapman Highway), to 449 south (Veteran's Highway), to the Ramada

Route #1 is how I came two years ago, and the last 15 miles down 66 took two hours to navigate during rush hour.

A year ago, V8 Buck recommended Route #2 as a way to avoid severe stop and go traffic.

Road conditions and traffic patterns may have changed since I have been there last. Does Route #2 still sound like the best way to get to the Ramada from Knoxville?
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

I COULD be mistaken ... But I thought I overheard that this get together was cancelled ... Maybe Billy can chime in and give us the yes or no go.
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

I was personally told by Billy himself at Daytona Bike Week that Pigeon Forge had been cancelled for this year. In fact when I got back from Bike Week, I cancelled my motel reservation. There's always next year!
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Thanks for the replies.

I saw that Billy had deleted the Pigeon Forge thread on the other website, but that it still showed up on this one.

In 2014 Marilyn and I were able to make it to PF, and we met a lot of really good people. In 2015, Marilyn had a work conflict, so we missed the get-together altogether. Since we live in Ohio, we decided that it would be fun to try to go to PF every year in May, as a way of officially kicking off the motorcycling season. I have been looking forward to going there again, ever since it first got cold here, last October.

With this in mind, and the fact that I have already received the grouprate discount at the Ramada, I will probably go ahead and go there anyway. Maybe somebody else will be there too. If so, I hope to see you!
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Greg, There's always La Crosse early June..I'm going for the first time this year..Randy
phpBB [video]
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Randy,

Thanks for the thought. A few things come to mind.

First, is that I was going to use PF as the official start to my summer. If I don't go there, I will still be looking to go somewhere that is at least 500 miles south of where I live for that week.

Second, is that some of the friendliest people that you will ever meet, are in LaCrosse.

A few years ago, I was flying across the country, and randomly decided to stop for fuel in LaCrosse. While in the FBO I met some people who ultimately invited my family to spend most of the day with them. Nice people. Beautiful country. I certainly would enjoy revisiting the area someday.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Petitemoose and Triker - Did Billy mention why this year was cancelled?
Ron Radulski

Post by Ron Radulski »

Greg, Billy said with Buck passing and Harold Blocker getting into an accident that I guess the timing wasn't just right. You can always send Billy a PM and find out more. I don't want to speak for him personally. Triker (Ron)
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Greg S wrote:Petitemoose and Triker - Did Billy mention why this year was cancelled?
I caught the tail end of the conversation but I think it was more of a bad timing / personal circumstances with quite a few of the "Core Group" of attendees.

I am sure it will be back in 2017 with a vengeance :)
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Just found this, that sux, I have to pick vacation in October to get this, so I'll have to figure something out. Oh well
v8 billy

Post by v8 billy »

Sorry Elvis I checked with the Remada Inn and notified everyone that was registered.
If someone wants to pick this up and do it I will share my contact information. I don't think it's to late
.................Image

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Thanks Billy, but I had two rooms reserved, I better recheck them today, I may still go with my son again, he wanted to see the bike museum.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Elvis,

I just talked to Melissa at 800-523-3919. I told her that I had group rate reservations for the V8 Bikers at the Ramada, and was wondering if the reduced rates were still valid, even though the event had been cancelled. She checked with the Group Rate Services director, and was told that the reduced rates will still be honored. Apparently, several people still have reservations under the V8 Biker name.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Randy,

For my June trip, I am going to Mountain Boss Hoss. I don't know if Tom has posted it yet, but he confirmed to me last week that his open house will be the last weekend in June. He said to keep an eye on his website in the next couple of days for details.

You will really like LaCrosse.
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

I hope so!
phpBB [video]
Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Greg S wrote:Elvis,

I just talked to Melissa at 800-523-3919. I told her that I had group rate reservations for the V8 Bikers at the Ramada, and was wondering if the reduced rates were still valid, even though the event had been cancelled. She checked with the Group Rate Services director, and was told that the reduced rates will still be honored. Apparently, several people still have reservations under the V8 Biker name.
I checked mine, I'm still good to go, leaving New Orleans Wednesday morning when my son gets off work. Be there Wed till Sunday.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

That is exactly what I am scheduled to do.
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Had a great trip! Other than a brief period of rain on Thursday, and some colder weather setting in on Sunday, the conditions were perfect for riding in the mountains.

The alternate route that Buck had suggested is definitely the way to go. If you arrive from the north, taking Veterans Highway (449) to the Ramada, instead of Parkway, will save a decent amount of time.

Although they will probably never see this, a big thank you goes out to the Autozone on 735 Dolly Parton Parkway. My temperature switch for the radiator fan decided to stop working, and the manager gave me everything that was needed to get back on the road.

Elvis - Hope all of you made it home safely.

I am looking forward to next year!
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Greg, Hope to meet you at Mountain..I'm about 2 hours away and usually always make it for their open house/ Thunder in the valley rally..Randy
phpBB [video]