Got Hit Yesterday

topics about v8 bikes and their owners
Forum Sponsored by Chris Cruz Artistry
petitemoose

Re: Got Hit Yesterday

Post by petitemoose »

Update ...

The Appraiser showed up at the shop and after Mike explained why and how it would be impossible to match the paint and educated him a little bit, the Appraiser told Mike, " I know nothing about Boss Hoss's and could not find anything on the Internet to help me with parts pricing. Tell you what, we will handle it like this ... You give me an Invoice and I will give you a check"

This is not an invitation to lie cheat or steal from the Insurance company, and Mike was very clear that we WOULD NOT, But it is assurance that they will allow him to fix the bike correctly and not have to skimp or re-use damaged parts. Very good to know :)

I was told that I should have the bike back in time for Biketoberfest ... WOO HOO!!!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
randy burkey

Post by randy burkey »

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction Moose... Good luck and hope it all works out OK for you.Randy
phpBB [video]
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Thanks Randy.

Another conversation with Mike today revealed $16,000 in damages including a $7500 Paint allowance from Geico.

I will be adding to that and the bike I get back will be nothing like what I dropped off! Excited to see the finished product but that will not be until October ... ugh!
Who says building a border wall won't work?!? The Chinese built one over 2000 years ago and they STILL don't have any Mexicans ...
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Wow, that sounds confusing, in the UK we have simple vehicle based insurance, costs a bit more - mine is £340 ($570) it pays for total vehicle damage/loss to both parties and associated costs like hire cars. No medicals as it's sorted by our National Health Service -we don't even pay for a helicoptor trip to ER if we end up in one!

Compensation for injuries/loss of earnings etc is handled by civil court action and there are plenty of no-win-no-fee attorneys that will help where there is clear blame. We also have a criminal injuries system but haven't a clue how that works (luckily)

Next time I rent in the US I'll check the insurance carefully! Last time I drove a Mustang conv. for 5,500miles on vehicle (total loss no excess) and personal liability of $3m at reasonable rates. My medical cover was on my vacation insurance for $10m plus repatriation. I like to be ready for the unexpected.

My consultancy has a client that asked us to research medical costs and the UK costs for medical procedures is much lower eg. ambulance to ER $441, one day in hospital = $1186, and for example a total hip replacement operation = $11,080 (including titanium ball and socket). Admittedly the following days in hospital run at $1,186 each but they like to chuck you out asap to get the bed for the next one.
Gordon from England
Butkicker

Post by Butkicker »

Wow Dennis glad to here your doing better an bike being fixed
Imzz4

Post by Imzz4 »

Dennis, I'm sorry to read of your experience since we had ours years ago and I remember everything that sucked about it . It sounds like things are working out for you, and like Squirm says , it will be a bad memory later. Between Mikes shop and a good man from Geico you'll be a happy camper before you know it.
When we got hit, the driver had no ins. since he was illegal with no license etc. We had State Farm and health ins. (Aetna) thru my employer. A friend suggested calling Aid For Injured Motorcyclists because he had such good exp. with them. So we did. They came and collected all the info . The down side was when I called State Farm to see what was happening, they were now not allowed by law to discuss my case-with me- because "my" attorneys were involved. Then, AIM tried to take 30% of my 30K ins money from State farm...what a mess ! So many phone calls etc. . Later , Aetna wanted 6k back since I already had State Farm, I ended up paying for all bike repairs myself, and had to get a different attorney to deal with Aetna and reduce the amount I had to pay back even though the Hpital bills were over 30k..
What a lesson. But its all good and we are here happy and good to go. Please heal well and fast !! jeff
petitemoose

Post by petitemoose »

Almost fully healed up and anxiously waiting for the bike to be done. Talked with Mike and HOPEFULLY the bike will be ready sometime this upcoming week. Thankfully, I will be working all week which will kinda keep my mind off of it.
I had to wait a month when I bought it to go get it and now I have waited two to get it back ... waiting sux LoL
GordonBH

Post by GordonBH »

Waitin and anticipatin, post some pics man
Gordon from England
Iron Maiden
The Better Half !!

Post by Iron Maiden »

:popcorn: